MeetingGuide Forums Nature Coast Online Meeting 4:00 PM Group Meeting

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    seabeard9
    Keymaster

Hello, my name is Steve and I am an alcoholic

Let us take a moment of silence followed by the Serenity Prayer

Does anyone have a topic for this first meeting?

Just stay in the 4 PM group meeting and type as often as you like. We can respond to the topic or anything else that is on our minds.

Please refresh your browsers to see response if you are not regularly respondin

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by seabeard9.
    aamakesmesmile
    Participant

In this crisis I know there is one priority for me. From the book “Twenty-Four Hours a Day” – Jan. 6, 2011:
    AA Thought for the Day
    Keeping sober is the most important thing in my life. The most important decision I ever made was my decision to give up drinking. I am convinced that my whole life depends on not taking that first drink. Nothing in the world is as important to me as my own sobriety. Everything I have, my whole life, depends on that one thing.
    Maybe we can share the ways we are staying sober and keeping sobriety a priority in our life during a time of real disaster.

aamakesmesmile
    Participant

My name is Patrick and I am an alcoholic. I just had to say that

seabeard9
    Keymaster

While the concept of keeping sobriety first is rock solid, its application to my life is often easier said than done. The stresses of daily life in a pandemic can oftentimes make your recovery less of a priority. Family, health, and financial obligations burn a lot of my thoughts and energy. I just have to practice gratitude that I am healthy today, most of my family are self isolating, and I have to keep communicating with my AA friends. They help me – I help them those phone calls on my 500 pound phone are more important now than ever.

deanb
    Participant

I’m Dean and I’m an alcoholic. sorry, but I got confused. I am on the Nature Coast Zoom meeting.
    thank you seabeard.

aamakesmesmile
    Participant

I am using One Day at a Time. My sponsor says we cannot live life in any more time than time is given to you. Our days are only 24 hours long, for which 6-9 of them we need to be sleeping. Minutes only come one at a time which means, life can only happen at the pace life is happening. We cannot go back and change the past, nor can we jump ahead and change the future. We can’t change who we were but we can change who we want to be right now. And I want to be sober.

seabeard9
    Keymaster

I am researching zoom meeting. I am trying to refurbish one of my old laptops that has a camera. My computer I use now does not have a camera. Everybody needs to refresh their browsers in order to keep current if you are not submitting

johns57
    Participant

My wife is at the er tonight because she has been feeling crummy for a week and has been getting worse. No fever but she is worried
    I want to be thankful that I am calm for her. However. I may be just selfish

seabeard9
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear that. These are trying times. They say this is a selfish program and I agree, but we are now more able to be concerned for others. And the tools of the program do give us the ability to stay calm. At least for me calmer than the chaos when I was drinking. Everybody needs to refresh your browser if you do not submit. I do not know how to communicate that to those who have only submitted once.

seabeard9
    Keymaster

There being no response we will end this meeting with the Lord’s Prayer. Thank you for your participation. Check email for announcement of next meeting. In the meantime respond to the forum topics to help other AA’s.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.